Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Is Cotton Used To Make Money?

After my recent article about cotton I have received numerous hits on this site from searches for cotton used for making money. I would think that with all the cotton being grown and all the cotton fields and cotton farmers there are in the U.S. it should be obvious that cotton can be used for making money. They're not growing it for their health. But I get it , I know you are wanting to know if cotton is one of the materials used in the paper our money is printed on. So to set the record straight according to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing , yes cotton is indeed one of the materials used in American currency. According to the Bureau, currency paper is comprised of 25% linen and 75% cotton. Linen is made from the fibers of the flax plant.
If you need to know where cotton comes from you'll have to read my previous post on Cotton Balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment